Inside Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger": iCalContinuing with coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger," AppleInsider sources said this week that the next-generation Apple OS will include minor revisions to the companys multi-purpose iCal calendar application.
iCal 1.5.3 will reportedly include several bug fixes, code optimizations, and support for Apples new system-wide Mac OS Sync engine, which allows users to synchronize their calendar and to-do items across multiple computers and devices such as the iPod.
Visually, iCal 1.5.3 delivers few changes, but does include a toggle control to enable or turn off synchronization from the applications preference pane.
With Tiger sporting over 150 new features, AppleInsider is providing extensive coverage of the new system as information becomes available. Please stay tuned to AppleInsider for further installments of our coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
Last week AppleInsider began its coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" with a system overview and inside look at Safari 2.0 with RSS. Earlier this week, coverage continued with our inside look at Mail 2.0 and Tiger's web-support enabled Help Viewer.
On Topic: General
- Belkin refreshes Express Dock with Thunderbolt 3 USB-C connector
- Apple partners with LG to make new 4K & 5K UltraFine Displays
- Twitter cuts 9 percent of its workforce, Vine getting axed
- AppleInsider is live at Apple's 'Hello Again' MacBook Pro event -- tap here for instant analysis
- Apple avoids executive's prison term in settlement over unpaid Italian taxes