Inside Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger": iCalContinuing with coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger," AppleInsider sources said this week that the next-generation Apple OS will include minor revisions to the companys multi-purpose iCal calendar application.
iCal 1.5.3 will reportedly include several bug fixes, code optimizations, and support for Apples new system-wide Mac OS Sync engine, which allows users to synchronize their calendar and to-do items across multiple computers and devices such as the iPod.
Visually, iCal 1.5.3 delivers few changes, but does include a toggle control to enable or turn off synchronization from the applications preference pane.
With Tiger sporting over 150 new features, AppleInsider is providing extensive coverage of the new system as information becomes available. Please stay tuned to AppleInsider for further installments of our coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
Last week AppleInsider began its coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" with a system overview and inside look at Safari 2.0 with RSS. Earlier this week, coverage continued with our inside look at Mail 2.0 and Tiger's web-support enabled Help Viewer.
On Topic: General
- Russian Online Apple Store returns with major price hikes as ruble crumbles
- New Microsoft site targets users looking to switch from MacBook to Surface Pro
- Apple supplier Pegatron plans changes after BBC report on worker mistreatment
- Kate Winslet, others rumored to join cast of upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Led by Whole Foods shoppers, Apple Pay accounted for 1% of digital payment dollars in November