Inside Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger": iCalContinuing with coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger," AppleInsider sources said this week that the next-generation Apple OS will include minor revisions to the companys multi-purpose iCal calendar application.
iCal 1.5.3 will reportedly include several bug fixes, code optimizations, and support for Apples new system-wide Mac OS Sync engine, which allows users to synchronize their calendar and to-do items across multiple computers and devices such as the iPod.
Visually, iCal 1.5.3 delivers few changes, but does include a toggle control to enable or turn off synchronization from the applications preference pane.
With Tiger sporting over 150 new features, AppleInsider is providing extensive coverage of the new system as information becomes available. Please stay tuned to AppleInsider for further installments of our coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
Last week AppleInsider began its coverage of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" with a system overview and inside look at Safari 2.0 with RSS. Earlier this week, coverage continued with our inside look at Mail 2.0 and Tiger's web-support enabled Help Viewer.
On Topic: General
- Google promises to dramatically shrink 4K bandwidth with upcoming VP10 video codec
- Apple eyes move into original video programming, report says
- Samsung's Gear S2 smartwatch features circular face, rotating bezel control
- Apple CEO Tim Cook makes surprise appearance at Cisco's annual sales conference
- GT Advanced looks to slash workforce by 40% as part of bankruptcy plan