Apple seeds developers with new Mac OS X 10.3.5, .Mac SDK buildsApple last week seeded developers with new builds of Mac OS X 10.3.5 and the .Mac software developers kit (SDK), according to sources.
Mac OS X 10.3.5
Mac OS X 10.3.5 build 7M20 was posted to Apple Developer Connection (ADC) members just days after Apple deployed the first external seed of the Mac OS X system update.
Once again, Apple asked developers to focus their testing to areas that include Audio/Sound, Bluetooth, Firewire, Graphics, OpenGL, Mail, Safari, and Networking. A complete list of key enhancements that will be included with the update were published in a previous report.
The current build weighs in at approximately 41 MB, shedding a couple of MB from the previously seeded build.
.Mac SDK 1.0.2
Meanwhile, this past Friday the company also provided developers with a new seed of its recently release .Mac SDK, updating the software to version 1.0.2.
"The purpose of the .Mac Kit and its contained classes is to give developers all of the tools that they would require to tightly integrate the Internet-based services offered by Apple in its .Mac product with their own," Apple reportedly told developers in the software's seed notes.
At the start of the week, Apple reportedly seeded developers with Xcode 1.5 build 7K560 for Mac OS X 10.3 Panther.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger will ship with a later version of the developer environment, labeled Xcode 2.0.
On Topic: General
- Apple will attempt data extraction on iPhone of teen lost at sea, report says
- Tor Myhren officially starts as Apple's new VP of Marketing Communications
- US Supreme Court approves search warrants for computers in any jurisdiction
- AppleInsider podcast reviews Apple's 12" MacBook, talks earnings, Smart Connector, 'iPhone 7' and more
- FBI reportedly paid less than $1M for San Bernardino iPhone exploit