Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 07:35 pm PT (10:35 pm ET)
Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.3.5 build 7M28Apple today seeded developers with the third external build of of Mac OS X 10.3.5, which carries build number 7M28 and weighs in at approximately 41.5 MB.
Once again, Apple asked developers to focus their testing to areas that include Audio/Sound, Bluetooth, Firewire, Graphics, OpenGL, Mail, Safari, and Networking. No specific issues were listed in developer notes distributed to Apple Developer Connection (ADC) members.
A complete list of key enhancements that will be included with the system update were published in our original report.
Apple last seeded Mac OS X 10.3.5 build 7M20 about two weeks, but has provided little commentary on the system's progress. Traditionally, Apple retains a running list of known issues, which accompany each seeding.
Sources have reported that the company's forthcoming dual 2.5 GHz liquid cooled Power Mac G5 computers will require a build of Mac OS X 10.3.5, and were seen running early builds of the system at Apple's developer conference this past June.
Mac OS X 10.3.5 is also said to include support for Apple's forthcoming iMac G5 system, expected in early September.
On Topic: General
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers