Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A171Apple Computer today provided developers with the first update to Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" since introducing the next-generation Macintosh operating system back in June.
The minor 152 KB update was provided to select Apple developers via Tiger's Software Update mechanism and was labeled "Mac OS X Tiger Seed Update 1."
According to a developer note accompanying the software, the system update adds functionality for searching vCards using Spotlight and a transmits a short ReadMe file to test the Software Update mechanism in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
Although the update provides only a minor feature addition, it reportedly updates Mac OS X 10.4 from build 8A162 to build 8A171.
On Topic: General
- As Apple nears $200B in cash, U.S. Senators once again propose a repatriation tax break
- Apple tops Louis Vuitton, Gucci as the gift of choice among China's wealthy
- FCC says broadband-class connections must offer at least 25Mbps download speeds
- iTunes Connect bug logs developers into random Apple account, displays wrong apps
- TracFone will pay $40 million to settle unlimited data beef with the FTC