Monday, August 09, 2004, 06:00 pm PT (09:00 pm ET)
Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A171Apple Computer today provided developers with the first update to Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" since introducing the next-generation Macintosh operating system back in June.
The minor 152 KB update was provided to select Apple developers via Tiger's Software Update mechanism and was labeled "Mac OS X Tiger Seed Update 1."
According to a developer note accompanying the software, the system update adds functionality for searching vCards using Spotlight and a transmits a short ReadMe file to test the Software Update mechanism in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
Although the update provides only a minor feature addition, it reportedly updates Mac OS X 10.4 from build 8A162 to build 8A171.
On Topic: General
- Apple 'on the prowl' with 24 acquisitions in last year and a half
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel
- Apple print ad touts environmental responsibility, pokes fun at Samsung [u]