Apple seeks iPod engineer with WiFi, video integration experienceApple Computer is looking to hire a new member for its iPod hardware engineering division that is experienced in integrating both various wireless communication technologies as well as video.
Several iPod enthusiast have recently uncovered a fresh Apple job listing for an iPod Hardware System Integrator that requires experience in areas previously unchartered by the digital music player.
"The iPod group is looking for a Hardware Engineer," Apple says in the job description. "This person will be an individual contributor on a top notch team with responsibilities for the design, implementation, and integration of digital and analog electronics."
Further down in the listing, Apple says, "Experience in the following areas is important: system integration, digital logic, SDRAM, Flash, ASICs, processor selection, ATAPI, various communication protocols (ie: GSM, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11, Firewire, and USB), display types and video and analog integration."
While the job listing does not explicitly imply that the next-generation iPod will be capable of displaying video and connecting to WiFi networks, it does indicate that the company is at least experimenting with the technologies inside its iPod division.
According to Apple, the job will also require some international travel.
On Topic: General
- US Congress, corporations get behind Email Privacy Act to shield online communications from searches
- Apple approved Microsoft filming new holiday-themed ad outside iconic NYC Fifth Ave cube
- Apple Store logos turn red to mark World AIDS Day, (Product)Red donations top $100M
- Apple expands Personal Pickup option to 6 more EU countries
- Adobe debuts 2015 Creative Cloud updates with new 3D modeling app Fuse CC