Monday, August 30, 2004, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
P. Diddy sports diamond encrusted iPod at VMA after-party (images)Coinciding with the release of Hewlett Packards iPod digital music player, rap recording artist P.Diddy (aka Puff Daddy, Puffy, Sean "Puffy" Combs) reportedly arrived at his MTV Video Music Awards after-party with a customized 120 diamond Apple iPod from HP. Attendees to the party also each receive a new HP iPod, although without the diamonds.
HP was a major sponsor of the awards event and used it to launch their massive consumer-electronics ad campaign, which included its HP-branded iPod music player. Apple Computer also aired a new iPod television spot during the awards, dubbed "Stereo Rock." The ad, which made its debut in CEO Steve Jobs' WWDC 2004 Keynote earlier this summer, features the company's black silhouette dancers and "Walkie Talkie Man" by Steriogram.
On Topic: General
- Apple files cross-appeal of final judgment in case against Samsung
- Apple, Samsung sued by ZiiLABS over alleged infringement of graphics patents
- Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store
- Apple to open small stores in India, focus on entry-level iOS devices in battle for growing market
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance