Apple launches iTunes affiliate program, 125 million servedApple today launched the iTunes Affiliate Program, making it the first download music store to offer direct links to a la carte singles and albums that generate paid commissions to affiliate websites. The iTunes Affiliate Program will complement other iTunes programs including iTunes on Campus, which offers free site licenses to colleges and universities, and the iTunes Volume Discount Program, which provides bulk song downloads at a discount. Apple also announced that the iTunes music service has sold over 125 million songs to date, which includes a total of 5 million songs sold from its European music store.
The company also said that affiliates that sign up for the iTunes Affiliate Program between now and September 15th will be automatically entered to win an iPod mini. The new program is the latest initiative from Apple to help businesses and organizations use the popularity of digital music for marketing and awareness related purposes.
On Topic: General
- Natalie Portman rumored for troubled Steve Jobs biopic
- Judge rules Apple entitled to potential ongoing royalties from patent-infringing Samsung products
- Union pushes Apple for better treatment of campus security guards
- More secrets could come from GT Advanced bankruptcy as Apple divulges details to creditors
- Google's search deal with Apple expires in early 2015, could bring new default to Safari