Apple delays 30-inch Cinema Display into OctoberApple notifies customers about impending delays on shipments of its new 30-inch HD Cinema Display.
Apple Computer this week began notifying customers that it will be unable to ship its new 30-inch high-definition display until late October.
In an email to some of the display's earliest adopters, the company said that, "due to an unexpected supply delay," it can no longer meet its previously quoted ship dates. Customers are now being told by Apple to expect their orders to ship on or before October 25th.
The company is asking customers to confirm whether they would like to continue waiting for their displays or have their order canceled in favor of a prompt refund.
Apple also told customer, "If we do not hear from you or we cannot ship your order by the revised date above, we are required by federal law to cancel your order and issue a prompt refund, and we will do so."
Apple introduced and began taking orders for the 30-inch HD Cinema Display during its World Wide Developers Conference in late-June.
On Topic: General
- Apple sends out ticket confirmations to WWDC 2015 lottery winners
- Apple suppliers extend Lightning cable production to Brazil and Vietnam
- Ex-Apple exec Scott Forstall takes to Twitter for first time, announces Broadway musical
- Apple's Tim Cook is the most pay-efficient CEO in America, Bloomberg says
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Watch try-ons, WWDC 2015, iOS 9 hopes & more