We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Report claims Apple offered Sony an iTunes partnership dealApple Computer CEO Steve Jobs offered Nobuyuki Idei, chairman and group CEO of Sony, the chance for Sony to come aboard Apple\'s ITunes Music Store service, the Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun newspaper is reporting this week.
The offer, which was reportedly made when the two met at the Sony Open golf tournament held in Hawaii this January, would have allowed for joint operation of the service, the newspaper says.
\"Jobs is reported to have wanted to bring the Sony brand into the service to maintain a competitive advantage over Microsoft, which launched a beta version of its MSN Music store earlier this week.\"
Neither company provided comment on the story.
On Topic: General
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999