Apple ships its iMac G5Apple has reportedly shipped the first batch of its new iMac G5 desktop computers.
As expected, Apple Computer on Monday began shipping both the 17-inch and 20-inch configurations of its new iMac G5 computer, two days ahead of its initial estimates.
Several Apple online store customers have reportedly received emails confirming that their orders have left Apple\'s manufacturing facilities in Asia. According to the email, customers can expect the arrival of the new iMacs within the next 10 days, though precise dates are dependent on the customer\'s chosen freight options (standard or premium) and location within the US.
Initial shipments of the new all-in-one computers are also said to be in-route to the company\'s highest trafficked retail stores, but are likely to be gobbled up by starving first-comers.
Meanwhile, Apple has recommended that its reseller channel place drop ship orders for the new iMacs. According to insiders, the company will be fulfilling drop ship orders for pallet quantities of computers prior to addressing single or non pallet orders. The 17-inch iMac G5 configurations will ship in pallets of 20, while the 20-inch iMacs will ship in pallets of 16.
Apple officially launched the iMac G5 in late August, with availability suggested for mid-September. The computer is said to be the first fully user-serviceable Macintosh, and also the worlds thinnest desktop.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: 'Apple Car' delayed, new iOS 10 & macOS betas, 'iPhone 7' leaks & more
- Hacker who targeted celebrity Apple and Google accounts sentenced six months in prison
- US appeals court vacates Apple win in Unwired Planet patent suit
- Apple retakes top spot in FutureBrand 'perception strength' rankings
- Why Alphabet's Nest doesn't (and probably won't ever) support Apple's HomeKit