Apple seeks help developing iPod accessoriesApple Computer may be looking to expand its iPod division to produce accessories for its industry leading digital music player.
Over the last two years Apple Computer has built a small empire around its iPod digital music players, but to this day has passed off the development of iPod accessories to third parties. But with the portable music player market set to explode over the next few years, the company may finally want a piece of the extended action.
According to tipsters, Apple\'s iPod and Special Projects Group is now looking for a few senior hardware engineers that will be responsible for the development of iPod accessories. Apple job listings indicate that the ideal candidates will become contributors to a top notch team responsible \"for the design, implementation, and integration of digital and analog electronics.\"
While the job postings could represent attempts to place liaisons between Apple and third party iPod developers, it seems more likely that the company will expand upon its newly formed iPod division.
Last month, Apple began soliciting engineers experienced in WiFi and video integration for the same team of iPod developers. The company is also currently looking for several engineers to join the industrial design team responsible for molding future revisions of the music player.
According to Apple, each of its available iPod development positions will require international travel.
On Topic: General
- Apple invents active shutter system to protect iPhones from liquid, contaminants
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Pencil, official Apple Watch dock and safe payments practices
- Apple airs 2015 Christmas TV ad starring Stevie Wonder & Andra Daye
- Apple confirms acquisition of motion capture firm Faceshift
- DisneyLife online streaming service launches in UK with iOS & Apple TV support