Wednesday, September 29, 2004, 06:55 am PT (09:55 am ET)
Apple prepares .Mac improvementsApple Computer this week is expected to quietly surprise members of its .Mac internet services with several new features.
According to reports, the company will be increasing email and iDisk storage space to a combined 250MB, up from 115MB. User's of the service will also be given an option to upgrade their .Mac account to 1 GB for US$49.95 per year.
In addition to the storage enhancements, Apple is also expected to introduce e-mail aliases and an e-mail spell checker.
No further details were available.
On Topic: General
- Steve Ballmer leaves Microsoft board to concentrate on other responsibilities
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Apple exec Eddy Cue puts Los Altos, Calif., home on the market for nearly $4M
- Questionable leaks raise hopes that Apple will release new Lightning cable with reversible USB connector
- Dr. Dre accepts ALS ice bucket challenge, nominates fellow rappers