Apple discontinues dock for 3G iPodsAs the success of Apple\'s new 4th generation iPod continues to mount, the company said it will no longer offer its docking station for the previous generation of the digital music player.
Apple Computer this week quietly informed its marketing affiliates that it has halted the production and sale of its docking station for the 3rd generation iPods, AppleInsider has learned.
A note distributed by the company\'s market division announced that the dock should be considered EOL (end-of-life), effective immediately. The product is referenced by Apple manufacturer number M9130G/A.
Apple also said that it will no longer accept orders for the dock and will cancel all orders currently on backlog. Additionally, the company said there will be no order conversion on pending sales and shipments of the dock.
Last month, the United States Patent and Trademark Office awarded Apple with a patent for the 3rd generation iPod dock, which the computer maker filed for in April of 2003.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: iPhone 7 & Apple Watch Series 2 review, McLaren buyout rumors, macOS Sierra launch & more
- Apple celebrates grand opening of first retail store in Mexico
- Snapchat announces Spectacles video-recording sunglasses, available this fall for $130
- The Verge founding member Chris Ziegler worked at Apple for two months before leaving website
- Twitter takeover being considered by Google, Salesforce, other tech firms - report