Thursday, October 07, 2004, 09:00 pm PT (12:00 am ET)
Apple to announce 4G iPod with color display, report confirmsApple Computer is set to finally unveil its rumored high-end photo-savvy iPod.
Apple news and rumor site ThinkSecret claims that Apple Computer will introduce an iPod with photo-viewing capabilities within the next 30 to 60 days, further corroborating an AppleInsider report published earlier this year.
According to the rumor site, the player will now sport a 60GB drive rather than the previously rumored 50GB. Other details remain the same including a 2-inch color liquid crystal display, audio/video-out capabilities, and a suggested retail price of $499.
The web site adds that the player will also feature synchronization with Apple's iPhoto application.
Word of the color LCD equipped 4th generation (4G) iPod first broke in March, but when Apple Computer introduced its 4G iPods in August, the purported model was curiously missing from its offerings.
No precise introduction date was reported.
On Topic: General
- Apple chose to handle iOS 8 rollout with own content delivery network
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation
- Tim Cook touts new Apple privacy policies in open letter to customers
- Tim Cook explains consolidation at Apple in new interview
- Apple 'never' planned to use sapphire covers for iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus - report