Thursday, October 14, 2004, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Apple snags patent for aluminum G5 enclosureApple issued patent for design of Power Macintosh G5 enclosure.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office on Monday issued Apple Computer a patent for the ornamental design of its professional Power Mac G5, as shown and described in a series of diagrams.
The patent's documentation credits the design of the enclosure to the same Apple industrial design team responsible for company's Power Mac G4 casing, with one addition—CEO Steve Jobs.
Apple filed for the patent on July 29th, 2003, approximately one month after introducing the Power Mac G5 at its annual World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon