Apple snags patent for aluminum G5 enclosureApple issued patent for design of Power Macintosh G5 enclosure.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office on Monday issued Apple Computer a patent for the ornamental design of its professional Power Mac G5, as shown and described in a series of diagrams.
The patent\'s documentation credits the design of the enclosure to the same Apple industrial design team responsible for company\'s Power Mac G4 casing, with one addition—CEO Steve Jobs.
Apple filed for the patent on July 29th, 2003, approximately one month after introducing the Power Mac G5 at its annual World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: New MacBook Pro rumors, Apple's answer to Echo, Apple Car charging & more
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center
- Jawbone said to end fitness tracker sales, may sell off speaker business [u]
- AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule pulled from U.S. Apple Stores
- Congress won't consider mandatory encryption bill after Apple battle - report