Apple snags patent for aluminum G5 enclosureApple issued patent for design of Power Macintosh G5 enclosure.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office on Monday issued Apple Computer a patent for the ornamental design of its professional Power Mac G5, as shown and described in a series of diagrams.
The patent's documentation credits the design of the enclosure to the same Apple industrial design team responsible for company's Power Mac G4 casing, with one addition—CEO Steve Jobs.
Apple filed for the patent on July 29th, 2003, approximately one month after introducing the Power Mac G5 at its annual World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
On Topic: General
- Apple Pay job listing hints at upcoming international rollout in EMEIA
- Judge rules videotaped Steve Jobs deposition to remain out of public eye
- How to use iCloud Drive on the Web, iOS and OS X
- TAG Heuer to take on Apple Watch with smartwatch initiative, plans acquisitions
- Work on Apple's new Union Square site begins as existing San Francisco store gets Winter Walk