Apple snags patent for aluminum G5 enclosureApple issued patent for design of Power Macintosh G5 enclosure.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office on Monday issued Apple Computer a patent for the ornamental design of its professional Power Mac G5, as shown and described in a series of diagrams.
The patent\'s documentation credits the design of the enclosure to the same Apple industrial design team responsible for company\'s Power Mac G4 casing, with one addition—CEO Steve Jobs.
Apple filed for the patent on July 29th, 2003, approximately one month after introducing the Power Mac G5 at its annual World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
On Topic: General
- How virtual and augmented reality could play a role in Apple's future
- This week on AI: Three iPhones in 2017, Apple takes on Snapchat, surprise iOS 9.3.5 update & more
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumors
- Apple gets green light to add 1,000 jobs at Irish headquarters
- Watchdog group finds Pegatron exploiting workers in lead up to 'iPhone 7' launch