Friday, October 15, 2004, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Apple seeds Mac OS X Server 10.3.6 build 7R20The latest developer releases from Apple include a maintenance update to the company's server-based operating system.
Apple Computer this week provided developers with Mac OS X Server 10.3.6 build 7R20, a developmental version of a forthcoming update to the company's server-strength operating system.
The update will reportedly deliver enhancements to Mail server SMTP authentication with CRAM-MD5, AFP Server Performance, Active Directory Plugin Authentication, and SMB sharing for Windows XP clients.
In the seeding notes accompanying the build, Apple asked developers to focus their efforts in the aforementioned areas. The company specifically requested that developers diagnose SMB sharing for Windows XP clients by writing large files to the SMB share.
Along with Mac OS X Server 10.3.6, Apple is simultaneously developing its client-side cousin, Mac OS X 10.3.6. This update will deliver improvements to Safari, DVD Player, Image Capture, the Mac OS X calculator, Open GL, file sharing, network automounts, network application launching, FireWire audio, and USB.
Earlier this week Apple provided developers with Mac OS X 10.3.6 Client build 7R14.
On Topic: General
- Apple officially closes on $3B purchase of Beats headphones & streaming service
- 'BadUSB' malware lives in USB firmware to remain undetected, unfixable
- Apple activates in-house content delivery network, begins migrating content downloads - report
- Samsung earnings disappoint as company blames competition in smartphone space
- Apple said to cut some 200 jobs from Beats as acquisition closing date looms