Tuesday, October 19, 2004, 09:00 am
Apple reintroduces the 1.8GHz SP Power Mac G5Apple makes Power Mac G5 more affordable as it reincarnates the single 1.8GHz configuration.
Apple Computer on Tuesday added a 1.8 GHz single processor Power Mac G5 desktop to its 64-bit Power Mac G5 line priced at $1,499.
The new 1.8 GHz Power Mac G5 features 6.4GB per second of fast memory bandwidth, up to 4GB of total main memory, three PCI expansion slots, up to 500GB of internal Serial ATA mass storage and AGP 8X Pro graphics capabilities.
The 1.8 GHz Power Mac G5 comes with the NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 Ultra graphics card with dual display support,high-performance I/O with Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire 800, two FireWire 400 ports, three USB 2.0 ports, optical digital audio input and output, analog audio input and output and a headphone jack. The system also supports 54 Mbps AirPort Extreme wireless networking and is Bluetooth ready for wireless connections to a host of Bluetooth-enabled peripherals.
Pricing & Availability
The new 1.8 GHz Power Mac G5 is available immediately through the company's online store and at Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers in one standard configuration.
The new 1.8 GHz Power Mac G5, with a suggested retail price of $1,499 (US), includes:
On Topic: General
- Google's Motorola issues second appeal of dismissed ITC case against Apple
- South Australia's first Apple Store draws line hours ahead of opening [update: photos and video]
- Rains once more cause damage at Apple's Fifth Avenue NY store
- Steve Jobs's family has been giving money away anonymously for more than 2 decades
- Judge says evidence will likely show Apple culpable in e-book price fixing case