Apple ends optical drive enhancement program for iBooksApple Computer is ending a limited time offer that gave customers who own iBooks with a combo optical drive the opportunity to enhance their optical drive performance by swapping out their existing failed optical drive for a faster performing optical drive, reliable sources tell AppleInsider.
"Only like-for-like combo optical drives will now be accepted by Apple for exchanges," the company said in a message to relevant parties in the US, Canada, Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Apple began the optical drive enhancement program in January, after discovering that a batch of faulty optical drives had found their way into a mix of iBook configurations. The discontinuation of the program is effective immediately, the company said.
On Topic: General
- Kate Winslet, others rumored to join cast of upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Led by Whole Foods shoppers, Apple Pay accounted for 1% of digital payment dollars in November
- Apple slams BBC report on suppliers, says provided facts were 'clearly missing' from broadcast
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gives 'substantial' sum to gay rights initiative
- Undercover video shows alleged worker rights violations at Apple supplier