Apple ends optical drive enhancement program for iBooksApple Computer is ending a limited time offer that gave customers who own iBooks with a combo optical drive the opportunity to enhance their optical drive performance by swapping out their existing failed optical drive for a faster performing optical drive, reliable sources tell AppleInsider.
\"Only like-for-like combo optical drives will now be accepted by Apple for exchanges,\" the company said in a message to relevant parties in the US, Canada, Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Apple began the optical drive enhancement program in January, after discovering that a batch of faulty optical drives had found their way into a mix of iBook configurations. The discontinuation of the program is effective immediately, the company said.
On Topic: General
- Apple invents active shutter system to protect iPhones from liquid, contaminants
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Pencil, official Apple Watch dock and safe payments practices
- Apple airs 2015 Christmas TV ad starring Stevie Wonder & Andra Daye
- Apple confirms acquisition of motion capture firm Faceshift
- DisneyLife online streaming service launches in UK with iOS & Apple TV support