Apple ends optical drive enhancement program for iBooksApple Computer is ending a limited time offer that gave customers who own iBooks with a combo optical drive the opportunity to enhance their optical drive performance by swapping out their existing failed optical drive for a faster performing optical drive, reliable sources tell AppleInsider.
\"Only like-for-like combo optical drives will now be accepted by Apple for exchanges,\" the company said in a message to relevant parties in the US, Canada, Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Apple began the optical drive enhancement program in January, after discovering that a batch of faulty optical drives had found their way into a mix of iBook configurations. The discontinuation of the program is effective immediately, the company said.
On Topic: General
- Bug in Adobe Creative Cloud updater erases root level Mac data
- Apple, Inc set to open new $25 million tech center in Hyderabad, India by June
- Apple Music passes 11M subscribers as iCloud hits 782M users
- AppleInsider podcast talks 'Apple Car,' iPhone's future, software betas, iPad Pro keyboards, more
- Immersion files lawsuit, ITC complaint against Apple's haptic technology