Wednesday, October 27, 2004, 03:55 pm PT (06:55 pm ET)
Apple preparing to release new Tiger builds to developersApple Computer is gearing up to provide its "Select" Apple Developer Connection (ADC) members with newer builds of its next generation Tiger operating system, several sources are reporting. The new builds could arrive as soon as this weekend.
Earlier this week, the company reportedly provided its more exclusive "Premier" ADC members with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A269. Although this build is significantly newer than the version of Tiger provided to developers in June, its said to be several weeks behind the builds that are floating around Apple's Cupertino campus.
AppleInsider articles have covered builds of Tiger into the 8A28x range. Inside Apple, the Mac OS X development team is reportedly approaching the 8A3xx milestone. Further details will be published as they become available.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon