Wednesday, October 27, 2004, 03:55 pm PT (06:55 pm ET)
Apple preparing to release new Tiger builds to developersApple Computer is gearing up to provide its "Select" Apple Developer Connection (ADC) members with newer builds of its next generation Tiger operating system, several sources are reporting. The new builds could arrive as soon as this weekend.
Earlier this week, the company reportedly provided its more exclusive "Premier" ADC members with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A269. Although this build is significantly newer than the version of Tiger provided to developers in June, its said to be several weeks behind the builds that are floating around Apple's Cupertino campus.
AppleInsider articles have covered builds of Tiger into the 8A28x range. Inside Apple, the Mac OS X development team is reportedly approaching the 8A3xx milestone. Further details will be published as they become available.
On Topic: General
- Apple's gesture-based unlocking tech channels Android's pattern lock screen
- G-Technology to ship Thunderbolt 2 'Studio Series' RAID arrays in mid-May, up to 24TB
- LaCie reveals year-long security breach at online store
- Samsung calls on computer scientists to refute Apple patent claims
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit