Apple upgrades ADC, seeds Mac OS X 10.3.6 build 7R27Apple Computer this week completed an upgrade to its Apple Developer Connection (ADC) software download distribution system just prior to seeding the latest pre-release build of the forthcoming Mac OS X 10.3.6 Update.
On Tuesday afternoon the company disabled download access through its ADC. Sources later confirmed that the software distribution system had been taken off line for upgrades. The new version of the system, which went live on Thursday evening, no longer requires that developers specify their current location prior to downloading software seeds.
Apple followed the ADC upgrade with a new seed of Mac OS X 10.3.6 \"Panther\", labeled build 7R27. The system update is fast approaching a November release.
Mac OS X 10.3.6 will deliver improved file sharing for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS) and PC (SMB/CIFS) networks, while providing more reliable network automounts and launch of network applications.
The Panther update will also yield updated versions of Apple\'s Calculator, DVD Player, Image Capture, and Safari applications, improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphic drivers, additional FireWire audio and USB device compatibility, and improved compatibility for third party applications.
Along with Mac OS X 10.3.6, Apple is simultaneously developing an update to its server-side cousin, Mac OS X Server 10.3.6. This update will reportedly deliver enhancements to Mail server SMTP authentication with CRAM-MD5, AFP Server Performance, Active Directory Plugin Authentication, and SMB sharing for Windows XP clients
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more