We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple confirms two additional UK stores at preview eventThe U.K. will gain two more Apple retail stores in early 2005, company officials confirmed on Thursday afternoon.
Two days before officially opening the doors to its new retail store on Regent Street in London, Apple Computer announced that it will open at least two more retail stores in the United Kingdom in 2005, one in Birmingham and another in Kent.
The announcement came during a \"special preview\" event for employees, business partners and the media, which was held at the company\'s upcoming Regent Street location in downtown London.
\"We will be opening two new stores in the UK next year,\" said company retail cheif, Ron Johnson, who provided no further information on the stores other than their location.
Apple Invitation to Regent St. Preview Event
Both future locations are under development inside shopping centers, with the Birmingham store set to touch down at the Bullring Mall and the Kent store inside the massive Bluewater shopping center.
Johnson further stated that Apple is working to open additional stores in Europe, but again provided no details. It had previously been rumored that the company was looking into opening a retail location 200 miles north of London in Manchester, England.
Thursday\'s special preview event took place at 3:00 pm London time and was invite only. \"On Saturday, November 20, Apple will open its first retail store in Europe. The Apple Store, Regent Street. Please join us for a special preview and tour for business partners,\" reads the digital invite distributed earlier this week to employees, partners and the press.
Apple\'s Regent Street store in Londons West End shopping district will open for the first time on Saturday, November 20 at 10:00 a.m.
On Topic: General
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts