Briefly: Mac OS X 10.3.7 build 7S202, Dashboard SDK, more...Mac OS X 10.3.7 build 7S202
Apple Computer this week provided developers with the first external build of the previously reported Mac OS X 10.3.7 Update. The software is labeled Mac OS X 10.3.7 build 7S202 and weighs in at 15.1 MB.
Documentation accompanying the update is brief, but notes changes to Core Foundation that will improve directional formatting codes, in addition to a revision to lookupd that will improve domain name lookup.
Changes to CoreGraphics / X are also noted, including better compatibility between PDF printing and HP raster printers, fixes to shadowed text rendered on print operations, and colors calibration improvements inside CG transparency layers. The update will also remove the dark black edge present at print time when filling a rectangle with low opacity black.
Dashboard SDK for Tiger
Meanwhile, the company has also issued developers with a preliminary version of its software development kit (SDK) for designing Dashboard widgets under the most recent pre-release of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
The 10.6 MB package includes a lengthy Dashboard development guide, a reference document with code examples, and several pre-developed sample widgets.
iPod Updater 2004-11-15
Apple today also released iPod Updater 2004-11-15, which includes iPod mini Software 1.2 for iPod mini and iPod software 3.0.2. for iPods with a Click Wheel. The Updater contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2004-10-20 for all other iPod models and is available to iPod owners through the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism, or via the company\'s iPod download Web site.
On Topic: General
- Antitrust monitor again bemoans Apple's lack of cooperation in final report
- Microsoft's retail store chain flounders in stark contrast to busy Apple Stores
- Microsoft debuts Lumia 950 & 950XL phones, Display Dock, Band 2 fitness tracker
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book laptop & Surface Pro 4 tablet with new Surface Pen
- From analog to digital: How Danny Boyle's 'Steve Jobs' captures the rapid advancement of technology