Briefly: Mac OS X 10.3.7 build 7S202, Dashboard SDK, more...Mac OS X 10.3.7 build 7S202
Apple Computer this week provided developers with the first external build of the previously reported Mac OS X 10.3.7 Update. The software is labeled Mac OS X 10.3.7 build 7S202 and weighs in at 15.1 MB.
Documentation accompanying the update is brief, but notes changes to Core Foundation that will improve directional formatting codes, in addition to a revision to lookupd that will improve domain name lookup.
Changes to CoreGraphics / X are also noted, including better compatibility between PDF printing and HP raster printers, fixes to shadowed text rendered on print operations, and colors calibration improvements inside CG transparency layers. The update will also remove the dark black edge present at print time when filling a rectangle with low opacity black.
Dashboard SDK for Tiger
Meanwhile, the company has also issued developers with a preliminary version of its software development kit (SDK) for designing Dashboard widgets under the most recent pre-release of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
The 10.6 MB package includes a lengthy Dashboard development guide, a reference document with code examples, and several pre-developed sample widgets.
iPod Updater 2004-11-15
Apple today also released iPod Updater 2004-11-15, which includes iPod mini Software 1.2 for iPod mini and iPod software 3.0.2. for iPods with a Click Wheel. The Updater contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2004-10-20 for all other iPod models and is available to iPod owners through the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism, or via the company\'s iPod download Web site.
On Topic: General
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July
- Greek capital controls put squeeze on iCloud, iTunes, App Store subscriptions
- Photos, iCloud Drive, iMessage, other online Apple services hit by slowdowns & outages [u]