Thursday, December 02, 2004, 05:00 am PT (08:00 am ET)
Apple officially launches iTunes Music Store in CanadaApple (finally) presses play on iTunes for Canada.
Apple Computer on Thursday officially launched its iTunes Music Store in Canada, offering Canadian music fans the same features and price of $.99 CDN per song that have lifted iTunes to the number one online music service in the world.
"The demand across Canada for the iTunes Music Store has been overwhelming," said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of Applications. "We are excited to be able to offer music fans in Canada their own customized iTunes Music Store featuring many top Canadian artist exclusives."
The iTunes Music Store in Canada features over 700,000 songs and dozens of exclusive tracks from a wide variety of leading worldwide artists, including songs from Alanis Morissette, The Tragically Hip, Sarah McLachlan, Auf Der Maur, Delerium, Black Eyed Peas, Chingy, Toby Keith, Diana Krall and 3 Doors Down. "Push" from Sarah McLachlan and "The Love Song" from K-Os are also featured as exclusive videos.
With the same personal use rights as in the US and Europe, the iTunes Music Store in Canada gives users the ability to play songs on up to five personal computers, burn a single song onto CDs an unlimited number of times, burn the same playlist up to seven times and listen to their music on an unlimited number of iPods. The iTunes Music Store in Canada also offers PC and Mac users the same features including: iMix, Party Shuffle, Artist Alerts, gift certificates, jewel case label printing, a large variety of audiobooks and automatic WMA to AAC conversion.
On Topic: General
- 'BadUSB' malware lives in USB firmware to remain undetected, unfixable
- Apple activates in-house content delivery network, begins migrating content downloads - report
- Samsung earnings disappoint as company blames competition in smartphone space
- Apple said to cut some 200 jobs from Beats as acquisition closing date looms
- Apple order fulfillment ranks first among online retailers with average delivery time of 2.3 days in June