Apple to slash prices across Cinema Display lineApple will soon slash prices across its Cinema Display product line, AppleInsider has learned.
Corroborating price cut rumors originally noted by MacShrine, reliable sources say Apple is primed to lower the price on all three of its current flat panel display offerings.
The company\'s 20-inch Cinema Display will drop $300 to $999, while the 23-inch HD display will soon fetch $1799, a $200 reduction.
Meanwhile, the company\'s mammoth 30-inch HD display will reportedly fall below the $3000 threshold for the first time at $2999.
According to sources, the cuts are a result of both overstocked inventory of the displays and declining prices for flat panel components throughout the tech industry.
The price cuts are expected as early as Tuesday.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook joins roster of new trustees at Duke University
- Samsung Electronics revenue slides 8.4% after mismanaged Galaxy S6 launch
- Apple Store at Queens Center in NYC to open on Saturday
- Apple patent adds magnetic drive actuation to UK-style folding pin USB adapter
- Apple's push into automotive spurs race to cash in on car-as-device gold rush