Hewlett-Packard to sell version of Apple\'s iPod PhotoHewlett Packard signs on to sell self-branded versions of Apple\'s iPod photo digital music player.
Speaking at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas on Friday morning, HP CEO Carly Fiorina said the company will begin marketing a version of Apple Computer\'s iPod Photo later in the year.
Fiorina also offered a sneak peek at the products HP will try to insert into people\'s living rooms, including a media hub that comes with high-definition television capabilities, a digital video recorder, and in-house screen technology that improves the resolution.
HP will also vouch support for a technology called Visual Radio for cell phones, which provides users with artist information, ring tones and the ability to buy tickets, according to CNet News.com.
Other products under development by HP include a new version of a current digital camera that will sport a casing designed by No Doubt vocalist Gwen Stefani, a \'Custom TV\' programming guide, and a television shaped like a table, where images on the screen can be moved with a finger.
Fiorina, however, provided no further details on her company\'s version of the Apple iPod Photo.
HP is currently under contract with Apple to sell fourth-generation iPods under the Hewlett-Packard name, a deal that was announced by both companies during last year\'s Consumer Electronics Show.
On Topic: General
- Apple hyping this week's opening of first-ever Brooklyn retail store
- This week on AI: 'Apple Car' delayed, new iOS 10 & macOS betas, 'iPhone 7' leaks & more
- Hacker who targeted celebrity Apple and Google accounts sentenced six months in prison
- US appeals court vacates Apple win in Unwired Planet patent suit
- Apple retakes top spot in FutureBrand 'perception strength' rankings