Macworld: Apple & Volvo announce iPod connectivity for entire 2005 US model lineApple and Volvo today announced two iPod connectivity options for Volvos entire 2005 US model line, allowing iPod users to listen to their music collection through their Volvo audio system.
The Volvo iPod Adapter will be available for S60, S80 and V70/XC70 models and will connect by simply plugging the iPod into a cable located in the cars glove compartment, while S40, V50 and XC90 owners can use a dashboard mounted FM transmitter.
The Volvo iPod Adapter allows users to control their music through their Volvo sound system and steering wheel controls, and both options charge the iPod when plugged in.
\"Our customers have been asking for an integrated iPod offering,\" said Vic Doolan, VCNA president and CEO.\"We\'re delivering great iPod connectivity options for our entire line, coupled with unique content providing for the perfect Volvo music experience.\"
Additionally, Volvo is creating playlists on the iTunes Music Store to encourage customers to discover music from emerging Scandinavian artists. The Volvo playlists on the iTunes Music Store will include a wide variety of Scandinavian artists and genres, showcasing the creativity coming from Scandinavia. The Volvo playlists will feature unique download opportunities from artists such as Tina Dico, The Tiny, The Concretes and The Perishers.
Pricing & Availability
The Volvo iPod Adapter pricing will be announced at program launch in the second quarter of 2005 for all Volvo models. Installation will be performed by authorized Volvo dealers only. The Volvo iPod Adapter works with all iPods with a dock connector.
On Topic: General
- Tech shuttle drivers approve Teamsters contract, Apple working with contractors to raise pay
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Watch at Best Buy, Apple Music numbers, Apple TV news & more
- IBM reportedly plans to purchase up to 200K MacBooks for employees
- Facebook completes first full-scale drone for spreading Internet access to remote regions
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Watch at Best Buy, rumored iPads, Steve Jobs movies & an Apple car