Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
iPods and cameras to connect directly?"There are already plenty of MP3 players on the market, including Apple Computer's iPod Photo, that can show digital photos while playing music. But soon, we are likely to see music devices that can "http://news.com.com/Cameras,+iPods+need+to+talk+to+each+other/2100-1041_3-5585795.html">download and display pictures directly, without using a computer as a go-between." At least, that's what Gary Johnson, the CEO of PortalPlayer, has told CNet News.com. PortablePlayer makes the chip for the iPod and several other hard drive-based music players. Johnson did not specify whether it will be Apple's player that adopts the feature, but Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, previously stated that his company believes "music plus photos is the next 'big thing.'" Johnson said his company is also working to make it possible to connect music players to printers.
On Topic: General
- Apple usurps Dell as most wanted desktop brand for holiday season
- New Union Square Apple Store renderings add water feature to plaza
- Next-gen USB connector a reversible challenge to Apple's Thunderbolt & Lightning
- Apple investigating ways to add depth to iPhone photos
- Topsy purchase gives Apple access to Twitter data Google doesn't have