Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
iPods and cameras to connect directly?"There are already plenty of MP3 players on the market, including Apple Computer's iPod Photo, that can show digital photos while playing music. But soon, we are likely to see music devices that can "http://news.com.com/Cameras,+iPods+need+to+talk+to+each+other/2100-1041_3-5585795.html">download and display pictures directly, without using a computer as a go-between." At least, that's what Gary Johnson, the CEO of PortalPlayer, has told CNet News.com. PortablePlayer makes the chip for the iPod and several other hard drive-based music players. Johnson did not specify whether it will be Apple's player that adopts the feature, but Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, previously stated that his company believes "music plus photos is the next 'big thing.'" Johnson said his company is also working to make it possible to connect music players to printers.
On Topic: General
- Apple activates in-house content delivery network, begins migrating content downloads - report
- Samsung earnings disappoint as company blames competition in smartphone space
- Apple said to cut some 200 jobs from Beats as acquisition closing date looms
- Apple order fulfillment ranks first among online retailers with average delivery time of 2.3 days in June
- Xiaomi's Redmi Note allegedly sending user data to China surreptitiously