Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Steve Jobs makes surprise visit to SoHo Apple storeApple chief executive, Steve Jobs, on Thursday made a surprise visit to the SoHo Apple retail store located in downtown Manhattan, reports the New York Daily News. Jobs appeared in blue jeans and sneakers, to the surprise of even the store's employees. "The way they keep secrets in this company is crazy," an employee groused to one customer. "I only found out he was here because the managers told us to smile more." But why was Jobs in Manhattan last week? And what other business dealings did he likely show up to address? If you think you may know, please drop us a line.
On Topic: General
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million
- European Commission OKs Apple's $3B purchase of Beats
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery