Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Steve Jobs makes surprise visit to SoHo Apple storeApple chief executive, Steve Jobs, on Thursday made a surprise visit to the SoHo Apple retail store located in downtown Manhattan, reports the New York Daily News. Jobs appeared in blue jeans and sneakers, to the surprise of even the store's employees. "The way they keep secrets in this company is crazy," an employee groused to one customer. "I only found out he was here because the managers told us to smile more." But why was Jobs in Manhattan last week? And what other business dealings did he likely show up to address? If you think you may know, please drop us a line.
On Topic: General
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers