Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
Merrill Lynch projects shipments of 4 million iPodsIn a research note released to clients on Wednesday, Merrill Lynch analyst, Steve Milunovich, said his firm expects Apple to ship 1 million shuffles and about 3 million iPods this quarter, for a total of 4 million units. "Updating the iPod mini should help iPod units decline only 35% sequentially from 4.6 million to 3 million," the analyst said. Milunovich also voiced his belief that the 60GB iPod photo price was slashed by 25%, due to less than spectacular demand since its October debut. Merrill Lynch reiterated its 'Buy' rating on Apple with a price objective of $102 per share.
On Topic: General
- Apple hints at future Maps app in 'layered map' patent filing
- Apple investigating quantum dot-enhanced displays for greater color accuracy
- Apple updates homepage to feature new holiday ad
- Pebble to launch new smart watch 'appstore' alongside second-gen SDK
- Rumor: Apple to shrink A-series chips to 14nm in 2015, TSMC to lead production