Merrill Lynch projects shipments of 4 million iPodsIn a research note released to clients on Wednesday, Merrill Lynch analyst, Steve Milunovich, said his firm expects Apple to ship 1 million shuffles and about 3 million iPods this quarter, for a total of 4 million units. \"Updating the iPod mini should help iPod units decline only 35% sequentially from 4.6 million to 3 million,\" the analyst said. Milunovich also voiced his belief that the 60GB iPod photo price was slashed by 25%, due to less than spectacular demand since its October debut. Merrill Lynch reiterated its \'Buy\' rating on Apple with a price objective of $102 per share.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Three iPhones in 2017, Apple takes on Snapchat, surprise iOS 9.3.5 update & more
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumors
- Apple gets green light to add 1,000 jobs at Irish headquarters
- Watchdog group finds Pegatron exploiting workers in lead up to 'iPhone 7' launch
- Apple-1 'Celebration' motherboard auction pulls in $815K