Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
Merrill Lynch projects shipments of 4 million iPodsIn a research note released to clients on Wednesday, Merrill Lynch analyst, Steve Milunovich, said his firm expects Apple to ship 1 million shuffles and about 3 million iPods this quarter, for a total of 4 million units. "Updating the iPod mini should help iPod units decline only 35% sequentially from 4.6 million to 3 million," the analyst said. Milunovich also voiced his belief that the 60GB iPod photo price was slashed by 25%, due to less than spectacular demand since its October debut. Merrill Lynch reiterated its 'Buy' rating on Apple with a price objective of $102 per share.
On Topic: General
- Macintosh pirate flag reincarnated as art, for sale by original designer Susan Kare
- Judge approves Apple's $450 million e-book settlement
- Manual iCloud.com photo uploads now available to all Apple users
- Apple officially begins selling automated iAds in bid to boost mobile advertising business
- Square plans to begin accepting Apple Pay with new NFC-compatible hardware in 2015