Apple phasing out eMacs at retail storesApple this week has begun phasing our eMacs at its retail store, according to a couple of independent reports. Specifically, the company has begun replacing the eMacs in the children\'s section with 17-inch iMac G5 computers. No other details are available, but the move does not immediately imply an end to the eMac product line. Instead the changes may simply reflect a shift in strategy at the stores. Insiders believe Apple must continue to produce eMacs for education, as the company offers no other all-in-one solution at the eMac\'s price point. A revision to the eMac has remained in limbo for the last six months, sources said, and is ready for ramp at the company\'s discretion.
On Topic: General
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center
- Jawbone said to end fitness tracker sales, may sell off speaker business [u]
- AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule pulled from U.S. Apple Stores
- Congress won't consider mandatory encryption bill after Apple battle - report
- Apple can add 62M iOS users in India but it won't be easy, analyst says