Apple phasing out eMacs at retail storesApple this week has begun phasing our eMacs at its retail store, according to a couple of independent reports. Specifically, the company has begun replacing the eMacs in the children\'s section with 17-inch iMac G5 computers. No other details are available, but the move does not immediately imply an end to the eMac product line. Instead the changes may simply reflect a shift in strategy at the stores. Insiders believe Apple must continue to produce eMacs for education, as the company offers no other all-in-one solution at the eMac\'s price point. A revision to the eMac has remained in limbo for the last six months, sources said, and is ready for ramp at the company\'s discretion.
On Topic: General
- Apple debuts new 2TB iCloud storage option for $19.99 per month
- Google to bring Waze ridesharing San Francisco-wide, may set stage for driverless service
- BitTorrent app Transmission once again source of macOS malware
- Turkey's deputy PM encourages Apple to move in wake of EU tax ruling
- New Apple patent would allow touch-sensing surfaces made using Liquidmetal tech