Apple phasing out eMacs at retail storesApple this week has begun phasing our eMacs at its retail store, according to a couple of independent reports. Specifically, the company has begun replacing the eMacs in the children\'s section with 17-inch iMac G5 computers. No other details are available, but the move does not immediately imply an end to the eMac product line. Instead the changes may simply reflect a shift in strategy at the stores. Insiders believe Apple must continue to produce eMacs for education, as the company offers no other all-in-one solution at the eMac\'s price point. A revision to the eMac has remained in limbo for the last six months, sources said, and is ready for ramp at the company\'s discretion.
On Topic: General
- Apple preps first Mexican Apple Store ahead of push into Latin America
- Apple CEO Tim Cook bullish on augmented reality, says company investing in AR tech
- Microsoft Office 365 gains machine learning writing style assistant, research tool
- New guidelines may push Apple to switch away from SMS for two-factor authentication
- Apple wins patent on tech hinting at Apple Pencil use for Mac