Apple phasing out eMacs at retail storesApple this week has begun phasing our eMacs at its retail store, according to a couple of independent reports. Specifically, the company has begun replacing the eMacs in the children\'s section with 17-inch iMac G5 computers. No other details are available, but the move does not immediately imply an end to the eMac product line. Instead the changes may simply reflect a shift in strategy at the stores. Insiders believe Apple must continue to produce eMacs for education, as the company offers no other all-in-one solution at the eMac\'s price point. A revision to the eMac has remained in limbo for the last six months, sources said, and is ready for ramp at the company\'s discretion.
On Topic: General
- Apple's FaceTime subject of renewed VoIP patent infringement lawsuit
- Apple's Campus 2 to use updated Bloom Energy fuel cells first deployed at NC data center
- Apple's iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store suffer unscheduled downtime [ux2]
- Netflix working on offline viewing, could arrive by end of 2016 - report
- AppleInsider podcast shares hands-on impressions of iOS 10, watchOS 3