Apple phasing out eMacs at retail storesApple this week has begun phasing our eMacs at its retail store, according to a couple of independent reports. Specifically, the company has begun replacing the eMacs in the children\'s section with 17-inch iMac G5 computers. No other details are available, but the move does not immediately imply an end to the eMac product line. Instead the changes may simply reflect a shift in strategy at the stores. Insiders believe Apple must continue to produce eMacs for education, as the company offers no other all-in-one solution at the eMac\'s price point. A revision to the eMac has remained in limbo for the last six months, sources said, and is ready for ramp at the company\'s discretion.
On Topic: General
- Apple eyeing 800,000-square-foot property for autonomous car project, report says
- Apple hires former Google inventor with background in electric vehicle charging
- New Immersion lawsuit adds Apple's iPhone 6s, MacBook to patent infringement row
- Tim Cook charity auction raises $515K for human rights
- Cupertino mayor accuses Apple, responsible for nearly 20% of the city's tax revenue, of not paying enough [u]