Monday, March 07, 2005, 10:00 am PT (01:00 pm ET)
Canadian mall retracts Apple store launch dateAccording to ifoAppleStore, management for the Yorkdale Shopping Center in Toronto has retracted its claim that a grand opening date for the Apple store had been set. The May 21, 2005 date, first reported by AppleInsider, and viewable in this photo, was professionally stenciled on the black-colored plywood, currently barricading the future store entrance. Although it would appear that Apple was responsible for posting the date (it was done precisely, in Apple's own fonts), mall management issued this statement: "The May 21, 2005 date was removed from the store boarding as we do not yet have a specific date for the store opening. Once we have a confirmed date for the opening, it will be posted on the Yorkdale website www.yorkdale.com."
On Topic: General
- US carriers agree to standard set of rules for unlocking phones, tablets
- Apple's own medical experts say death at Pegatron not related to working conditions
- Apple looks to curb Web browser UI spoofing using real-time camera images
- Apple scores court win in South Korea as judge tosses Samsung patent suit
- Apple's 'Hour of Code' workshops take kids hands-on with coding