Monday, March 07, 2005, 10:00 am PT (01:00 pm ET)
Canadian mall retracts Apple store launch dateAccording to ifoAppleStore, management for the Yorkdale Shopping Center in Toronto has retracted its claim that a grand opening date for the Apple store had been set. The May 21, 2005 date, first reported by AppleInsider, and viewable in this photo, was professionally stenciled on the black-colored plywood, currently barricading the future store entrance. Although it would appear that Apple was responsible for posting the date (it was done precisely, in Apple's own fonts), mall management issued this statement: "The May 21, 2005 date was removed from the store boarding as we do not yet have a specific date for the store opening. Once we have a confirmed date for the opening, it will be posted on the Yorkdale website www.yorkdale.com."
On Topic: General
- Future Apple devices may boast environmental sensor suite with built-in thermometer
- Apple's display tech lets users interact with 3D objects in mid-air
- Judge denies Apple motion to stay upcoming e-books damages trial
- Apple 'on the prowl' with 24 acquisitions in last year and a half
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss