Monday, March 07, 2005, 10:00 am PT (01:00 pm ET)
Canadian mall retracts Apple store launch dateAccording to ifoAppleStore, management for the Yorkdale Shopping Center in Toronto has retracted its claim that a grand opening date for the Apple store had been set. The May 21, 2005 date, first reported by AppleInsider, and viewable in this photo, was professionally stenciled on the black-colored plywood, currently barricading the future store entrance. Although it would appear that Apple was responsible for posting the date (it was done precisely, in Apple's own fonts), mall management issued this statement: "The May 21, 2005 date was removed from the store boarding as we do not yet have a specific date for the store opening. Once we have a confirmed date for the opening, it will be posted on the Yorkdale website www.yorkdale.com."
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear at WSJDLive conference in October
- Apple chose to handle iOS 8 rollout with own content delivery network
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation
- Tim Cook touts new Apple privacy policies in open letter to customers
- Tim Cook explains consolidation at Apple in new interview