Canadian mall retracts Apple store launch dateAccording to ifoAppleStore, management for the Yorkdale Shopping Center in Toronto has retracted its claim that a grand opening date for the Apple store had been set. The May 21, 2005 date, first reported by AppleInsider, and viewable in this photo, was professionally stenciled on the black-colored plywood, currently barricading the future store entrance. Although it would appear that Apple was responsible for posting the date (it was done precisely, in Apple\'s own fonts), mall management issued this statement: \"The May 21, 2005 date was removed from the store boarding as we do not yet have a specific date for the store opening. Once we have a confirmed date for the opening, it will be posted on the Yorkdale website www.yorkdale.com.\"
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Q3 beats forecasts, 'Apple Car' leadership changes, augmented reality plans & more
- Apple urges Supreme Court to end long-running Samsung patent case
- Apple CEO Tim Cook, VP Lisa Jackson to host Clinton fundraising event
- Microsoft lays off 2,850 more people in continued retreat from phones
- AppleInsider podcast talks Q3 earnings, more 'iPhone 7' rumors, 'Apple Car,' more