Apple expands focus of Mac OS X 10.3.9 with new buildsApple is said to be expanding the focus of Mac OS X 10.3.9, the next and possibly final maintenance update to its Mac OS X 10.3 \"Panther\" operating system. According to sources, the most recent build of the system (7W29) includes changes to Image Capture, Stickies, FAT drive support, Preview, DNS lookup, QuickDraw, Security Certificates, Keychain Access, System Profiler and Disk Utility. Developers had previously noted that Mac OS X 10.3.9 would also include enhancements to Networking, Bluetooth, USB, FireWire, SMB, Modem, Safari, Calculator, Data & Time, and the Terminal. Sources said Apple is asking developers to focus their testing efforts on several of the aforementioned system components, but is also requesting diagnosis of iDisk synching, display brightness functions, sleep functions, and performance of the iLife \'05 digital lifestyle software suite. Mac OS X 10.3.9 is scheduled for release sometime within the next 6 weeks, sources said.
On Topic: General
- Apple likely free of e-book antitrust monitor after 'rocky' two-year term
- Apple to launch official retail presence in India with Croma partnership
- Steve Jobs movie nets highest per-theater average of 2015 on opening weekend
- Dell to buy EMC for $67 billion in largest-ever tech merger
- This week on AppleInsider: Steve Jobs tributes, iPhone & Watch launches, iOS security & more