Friday, March 18, 2005, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
Apple expands focus of Mac OS X 10.3.9 with new buildsApple is said to be expanding the focus of Mac OS X 10.3.9, the next and possibly final maintenance update to its Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system. According to sources, the most recent build of the system (7W29) includes changes to Image Capture, Stickies, FAT drive support, Preview, DNS lookup, QuickDraw, Security Certificates, Keychain Access, System Profiler and Disk Utility. Developers had previously noted that Mac OS X 10.3.9 would also include enhancements to Networking, Bluetooth, USB, FireWire, SMB, Modem, Safari, Calculator, Data & Time, and the Terminal. Sources said Apple is asking developers to focus their testing efforts on several of the aforementioned system components, but is also requesting diagnosis of iDisk synching, display brightness functions, sleep functions, and performance of the iLife '05 digital lifestyle software suite. Mac OS X 10.3.9 is scheduled for release sometime within the next 6 weeks, sources said.
On Topic: General
- Editorial: A friendlier Apple Inc now invites media through its Infinite Loop front door
- Apple launches iCloud Photos beta Web client ahead of iOS 8.1 rollout
- Full video of Jony Ive's Vanity Fair interview posted online
- Exclusive video: Apple's new "spaceship" Campus 2 is figuratively taking off
- American Express prepares customers for Apple Pay launch, details setup procedure