Apple expands focus of Mac OS X 10.3.9 with new buildsApple is said to be expanding the focus of Mac OS X 10.3.9, the next and possibly final maintenance update to its Mac OS X 10.3 \"Panther\" operating system. According to sources, the most recent build of the system (7W29) includes changes to Image Capture, Stickies, FAT drive support, Preview, DNS lookup, QuickDraw, Security Certificates, Keychain Access, System Profiler and Disk Utility. Developers had previously noted that Mac OS X 10.3.9 would also include enhancements to Networking, Bluetooth, USB, FireWire, SMB, Modem, Safari, Calculator, Data & Time, and the Terminal. Sources said Apple is asking developers to focus their testing efforts on several of the aforementioned system components, but is also requesting diagnosis of iDisk synching, display brightness functions, sleep functions, and performance of the iLife \'05 digital lifestyle software suite. Mac OS X 10.3.9 is scheduled for release sometime within the next 6 weeks, sources said.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: New MacBook Pro rumors, Apple's answer to Echo, Apple Car charging & more
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center
- Jawbone said to end fitness tracker sales, may sell off speaker business [u]
- AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule pulled from U.S. Apple Stores
- Congress won't consider mandatory encryption bill after Apple battle - report