Friday, March 18, 2005, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
Apple expands focus of Mac OS X 10.3.9 with new buildsApple is said to be expanding the focus of Mac OS X 10.3.9, the next and possibly final maintenance update to its Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system. According to sources, the most recent build of the system (7W29) includes changes to Image Capture, Stickies, FAT drive support, Preview, DNS lookup, QuickDraw, Security Certificates, Keychain Access, System Profiler and Disk Utility. Developers had previously noted that Mac OS X 10.3.9 would also include enhancements to Networking, Bluetooth, USB, FireWire, SMB, Modem, Safari, Calculator, Data & Time, and the Terminal. Sources said Apple is asking developers to focus their testing efforts on several of the aforementioned system components, but is also requesting diagnosis of iDisk synching, display brightness functions, sleep functions, and performance of the iLife '05 digital lifestyle software suite. Mac OS X 10.3.9 is scheduled for release sometime within the next 6 weeks, sources said.
On Topic: General
- First Look: SETA stand for iPad with NanoSuction pads
- Tim Cook visits veterans and doctors at Palo Alto VA hospital, staff using iPads
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac, iWork suite for OS X and iOS with minor bug fixes [u]
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple invention helps iPhone users find their parked car despite poor cell, GPS reception