Monday, March 21, 2005, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Apple reveals iPod Camera Connector, available for pre-orderApple today began taking pre-orders for its iPod Camera Connector, which provides a fast and simple way to transfer images from a digital camera to an iPod photo. Apple announced the connector alongside new iPods in February, but did not officially show a photo of the connector until today.
A description of the device on Apple's Web site reads: "Simply plug the iPod Camera Connector into the iPod dock connector, plug your camera's USB cable and watch your images make their way to the iPod, ready to view in a slide show!" The iPod Camera Connector is compatible with iPod photo (30/40/60GB) and requires iPod software v1.1. A list of supported cameras is available from Apple's iPod photo support site.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Maps Connect portal lets local businesses create, add details to listings
- Apple leadership awarded restricted stock unit bonus currently worth $19M
- Apple spent $1M on lobbying US government in Q3, focused on health, data privacy, more
- GT Advanced reaches bankruptcy deal with Apple, will sell off more than 2,000 sapphire furnaces to pay debt
- Hackers targeting Apple iCloud users in mainland China with 'massive' attack