Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
Apple.com continues Tiger roll-out preparationsApple this week continued to prep its Web site for the debut of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger," which is expected in early April. Most recently, the company quietly launched a new Web site that offers customers a list of Apple Support RSS feeds. "Stay up-to-date with Apple's latest technical support articles," reads a description of the site. The site lists over two dozen new RSS feeds that link to support pages for each of Apple's most popular hardware and software products, in addition to a couple that cover technologies like Bluetooth and QuickTime. Scheduled to ship with Tiger is a new version of Safari, Apple's web browser, which boasts RSS support as one of its major new features. Earlier this month, the company's Mac OS X download Web site accidently listed download options for Automator Actions, Dashboard Widgets, and Spotlight Plugins — technologies that are supported only under Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger."
On Topic: General
- Marc Newson confirms only working at Apple part time on secret projects
- Patent holdings firm WiLAN loses second suit against Apple
- Apple opens iTunes donations for 'City of Hope' cancer charity, moves beyond natural disaster relief
- PayPal purportedly cut out of Apple Pay due to partnership with Samsung
- Pebble smartwatch gets $50 price cut, background tracking for fitness & sleep