Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 02:00 pm
Apple.com continues Tiger roll-out preparationsApple this week continued to prep its Web site for the debut of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger," which is expected in early April. Most recently, the company quietly launched a new Web site that offers customers a list of Apple Support RSS feeds. "Stay up-to-date with Apple's latest technical support articles," reads a description of the site. The site lists over two dozen new RSS feeds that link to support pages for each of Apple's most popular hardware and software products, in addition to a couple that cover technologies like Bluetooth and QuickTime. Scheduled to ship with Tiger is a new version of Safari, Apple's web browser, which boasts RSS support as one of its major new features. Earlier this month, the company's Mac OS X download Web site accidently listed download options for Automator Actions, Dashboard Widgets, and Spotlight Plugins -- technologies that are supported only under Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger."
On Topic: General
- Google's Motorola issues second appeal of ITC case dismissal against Apple
- South Australia's first Apple Store draws line hours ahead of opening [update: photos and video]
- Rains once more cause damage at Apple's Fifth Avenue NY store
- Steve Jobs's family has been giving money away anonymously for more than 2 decades
- Judge says evidence will likely show Apple culpable in e-book price fixing case