Tuesday, April 05, 2005, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple aiming to launch first Canadian store in April?According to historically reliable sources, Apple may be planning to launch its first Canadian retail store sooner than it had anticipated. The company in February stenciled a sign outside the future location at the Yorkdale Shopping Center, announcing a grand opening date of May 21, 2005. But not long after it appeared, the sign was was replaced with a note from mall management, explaining that a specific date had yet to be set. Sources now say Apple may be aiming to open the store sometime in late-April.
On Topic: General
- European Commission OKs Apple's $3B purchase of Beats
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery
- Amazon stock dips after anaemic third quarter, tepid reception for Fire Phone
- Bose files lawsuit against Apple's Beats over noise canceling tech
- Judge voices concern over Apple's $450M e-book settlement, says may hurt consumers