Monday, April 11, 2005, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Photos show Midtown Manhattan Apple store construction siteA series of recent Macklowe Properties file photos show the ground-breaking and construction efforts outside 767 Fifth Ave, the site of the General Motors building that will eventually host a massive Apple retail store in its underground concourse.
Apple Store Midtown Construction
Open image in new window for larger view.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(Macklowe Properties Photo/ File)
The realtor had previously posted to its Web site renderings depicting the 32-foot glass cube that will lead to the underground Apple retail store, but has since edited the images to mask any and all views of the structure. An unedited copy of the rendering remains available in a previous AppleInsider article.
On Topic: General
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers