Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-004Apple today released Security Update 2005-004 which delivers a number of security enhancements and is recommended for all Macintosh users. Specifically, the update prevents against a buffer overflow vulnerability in iSync could lead to local privilege escalation. Mac OS X users can obtain the update via Apple's Software Update mechanism.
On Topic: General
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel
- Apple print ad touts environmental responsibility, pokes fun at Samsung [u]
- Apple Store logos and employee uniforms go green for Earth Day