Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-004Apple today released Security Update 2005-004 which delivers a number of security enhancements and is recommended for all Macintosh users. Specifically, the update prevents against a buffer overflow vulnerability in iSync could lead to local privilege escalation. Mac OS X users can obtain the update via Apple's Software Update mechanism.
On Topic: General
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million