Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-004Apple today released Security Update 2005-004 which delivers a number of security enhancements and is recommended for all Macintosh users. Specifically, the update prevents against a buffer overflow vulnerability in iSync could lead to local privilege escalation. Mac OS X users can obtain the update via Apple's Software Update mechanism.
On Topic: General
- 'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality
- Microsoft inadvertently leaks 'Band' fitness wearable in new app, reveals 'Microsoft Health' [update: confirmed]
- Apple in early talks to sell iPhone in Iran, report says
- BlackBerry hopes to rekindle sales by reintroducing classic keyboard & form factor
- MCX CEO calls CurrentC exclusivity fines 'untrue,' responds to recent hack