Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-004Apple today released Security Update 2005-004 which delivers a number of security enhancements and is recommended for all Macintosh users. Specifically, the update prevents against a buffer overflow vulnerability in iSync could lead to local privilege escalation. Mac OS X users can obtain the update via Apple's Software Update mechanism.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear at WSJDLive conference in October
- Apple chose to handle iOS 8 rollout with own content delivery network
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation
- Tim Cook touts new Apple privacy policies in open letter to customers
- Tim Cook explains consolidation at Apple in new interview