First copies of Mac OS X Tiger ship (Updated)Apple on Friday began shipping Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, the next version of its Mac OS X operating system. Although Tiger will not officially launched until April 29th, one MacNN.com reader provided the publication with a shipment confirmation from the Apple Store. The document showed a delivery date of April 25 via Fedex Ground—well ahead of the official release date next week. MacNN says orders with expedited shipping may have earlier delivery dates.
Update: At least two AppleInsider readers claim to have already received their copies of Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger\" this Thursday.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook joins roster of new trustees at Duke University
- Samsung Electronics revenue slides 8.4% after mismanaged Galaxy S6 launch
- Apple Store at Queens Center in NYC to open on Saturday
- Apple patent adds magnetic drive actuation to UK-style folding pin USB adapter
- Apple's push into automotive spurs race to cash in on car-as-device gold rush