Friday, April 22, 2005, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
First copies of Mac OS X Tiger ship (Updated)Apple on Friday began shipping Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, the next version of its Mac OS X operating system. Although Tiger will not officially launched until April 29th, one MacNN.com reader provided the publication with a shipment confirmation from the Apple Store. The document showed a delivery date of April 25 via Fedex Ground—well ahead of the official release date next week. MacNN says orders with expedited shipping may have earlier delivery dates.
Update: At least two AppleInsider readers claim to have already received their copies of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" this Thursday.
On Topic: General
- 'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality
- Microsoft inadvertently leaks 'Band' fitness wearable in new app, reveals 'Microsoft Health' [update: confirmed]
- Apple in early talks to sell iPhone in Iran, report says
- BlackBerry hopes to rekindle sales by reintroducing classic keyboard & form factor
- MCX CEO calls CurrentC exclusivity fines 'untrue,' responds to recent hack