Friday, April 22, 2005, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
First copies of Mac OS X Tiger ship (Updated)Apple on Friday began shipping Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, the next version of its Mac OS X operating system. Although Tiger will not officially launched until April 29th, one MacNN.com reader provided the publication with a shipment confirmation from the Apple Store. The document showed a delivery date of April 25 via Fedex Ground—well ahead of the official release date next week. MacNN says orders with expedited shipping may have earlier delivery dates.
Update: At least two AppleInsider readers claim to have already received their copies of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" this Thursday.
On Topic: General
- Hacks targeting Chinese iCloud users prompt Apple CEO Tim Cook to meet China's vice premier
- Apple's Maps Connect portal lets local businesses create, add details to listings
- Apple leadership awarded restricted stock unit bonus currently worth $19M
- Apple spent $1M on lobbying US government in Q3, focused on health, data privacy, more
- GT Advanced reaches bankruptcy deal with Apple, will sell off more than 2,000 sapphire furnaces to pay debt