Friday, April 22, 2005, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
First copies of Mac OS X Tiger ship (Updated)Apple on Friday began shipping Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, the next version of its Mac OS X operating system. Although Tiger will not officially launched until April 29th, one MacNN.com reader provided the publication with a shipment confirmation from the Apple Store. The document showed a delivery date of April 25 via Fedex Ground—well ahead of the official release date next week. MacNN says orders with expedited shipping may have earlier delivery dates.
Update: At least two AppleInsider readers claim to have already received their copies of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" this Thursday.
On Topic: General
- Target serves up iPhone and iPad deals for last-minute holiday shoppers
- BlackBerry loses $4.4 billion in Q3, sells just 4.3 million devices
- Review: Libratone Loop AirPlay speaker
- Apple hints at future Maps app in 'layered map' patent filing
- Apple investigating quantum dot-enhanced displays for greater color accuracy