Monday, April 25, 2005, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
iMac ship times delayed; consumers await new modelsApple and Macintosh news site MacNN.com is first to note that Apple's online store has extended the shipping timeframe for iMac G5 orders to 5-7 business days. Meanwhile, other tipsters note that built-to-order configurations are reflecting wait times of 7-10 business days. Previous reports indicated that Apple could begin releasing a slew of new CPU-based hardware offerings as early as Tuesday. There is still a chance that Apple will hold off hardware introductions to the first week of May, sources warned.
On Topic: General
- Apple's patented iPhone-based CarPlay remote starts cars, performs high-level functions
- Apple responds to Spotlight Suggestions 'backlash,' says personal data collection limited
- Tour Apple Inc's spaceship Campus 2 in extended aerial video
- Editorial: A friendlier Apple Inc now invites media through its Infinite Loop front door
- Apple launches iCloud Photos beta Web client ahead of iOS 8.1 rollout