Monday, April 25, 2005, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
iMac ship times delayed; consumers await new modelsApple and Macintosh news site MacNN.com is first to note that Apple's online store has extended the shipping timeframe for iMac G5 orders to 5-7 business days. Meanwhile, other tipsters note that built-to-order configurations are reflecting wait times of 7-10 business days. Previous reports indicated that Apple could begin releasing a slew of new CPU-based hardware offerings as early as Tuesday. There is still a chance that Apple will hold off hardware introductions to the first week of May, sources warned.
On Topic: General
- Apple expands renewable energy to retail stores, 120 US outlets get green power
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter