Monday, April 25, 2005, 02:00 pm
iMac ship times delayed; consumers await new modelsApple and Macintosh news site MacNN.com is first to note that Apple's online store has extended the shipping timeframe for iMac G5 orders to 5-7 business days. Meanwhile, other tipsters note that built-to-order configurations are reflecting wait times of 7-10 business days. Previous reports indicated that Apple could begin releasing a slew of new CPU-based hardware offerings as early as Tuesday. There is still a chance that Apple will hold off hardware introductions to the first week of May, sources warned.
On Topic: General
- Google engineers talk fragmentation, how to make Android work for emerging markets
- Editorial: Apple's billions are building an empire for the future
- Review: AL13 raises the bar for iPhone bumper design
- Song skipping feature in Apple's 'iRadio' reportedly holding up Sony deal
- Music service's structure, plus Apple's culture, holding up 'iRadio' service