Monday, April 25, 2005, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
iMac ship times delayed; consumers await new modelsApple and Macintosh news site MacNN.com is first to note that Apple's online store has extended the shipping timeframe for iMac G5 orders to 5-7 business days. Meanwhile, other tipsters note that built-to-order configurations are reflecting wait times of 7-10 business days. Previous reports indicated that Apple could begin releasing a slew of new CPU-based hardware offerings as early as Tuesday. There is still a chance that Apple will hold off hardware introductions to the first week of May, sources warned.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon