Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 05:00 am PT (08:00 am ET)
Official iTunes country flags confirm at least 5 new music storesApple Computer's official iTunes Music Store server (Phobos) is now hosting iTunes flag icons for five new and unannounced locations, corroborating reports that the iPod maker plans to extend its music download service to new countries on April 28th, the second anniversary of the service.
Flag images for Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, Norwary, and Denmark are now accessible (shown above). Apple recently announced that iTunes users have downloaded over 350 million iTunes since the inception of the iTunes Music Store on April 28th, 2003. The company is now selling tunes at a rate of 435 million per year.
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple