Mac OS X 10.4.1 on track for May releaseApple has yet to officially unleash Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger,\" but already insiders are abuzz about the first update to the next-generation operating system, code-named \"Atlanta.\"
Scheduled for release sometime next month, the Mac OS X 10.4.1 Update will reportedly tie several loose ends vacated when the Mac maker, on deadline, declared build 8A428 of Mac OS X 10.4 gold master on March 31st.
Almost immediately thereafter, the Mac OS X Update team at Apple began work on Atlanta, which will also include optimizations and deliver support for DVD Studio Pro 4, part of Apple\'s new $1299 Final Cut Studio video production suite.
Based on recent mumblings, it appears that Apple hopes to ship Final Cut Studio in mid-May, around the 17th. Due to the production suite\'s dependence on the Tiger update, it\'s assumed that Mac OS X 10.4.1 will be released around the same time.
Sources close to Apple believe the company will begin distributing pre-release copies of Mac OS X 10.4.1 Update to developers within the next week.
Meanwhile, at 6:00 p.m. this Friday, all 105 Apple retail stores and participating Apple Authorized Resellers will host Tiger World Premiere events to officially usher in Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger.\" The events are scheduled to run till midnight.
On Topic: General
- Apple leases 40,000 square feet for development accelerator in Bengaluru, India
- Verizon to buy struggling Yahoo for $4.83 billion
- Apple hyping this week's opening of first-ever Brooklyn retail store
- This week on AI: 'Apple Car' delayed, new iOS 10 & macOS betas, 'iPhone 7' leaks & more
- Hacker who targeted celebrity Apple and Google accounts sentenced six months in prison