Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-005Apple today released Security Update 2005-005 for both Client and Server versions of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. The updates address more than 20 security flaws in Panther, delivering fixes for Apache, AppKit, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Directory Services, Finder, Foundation, Help Viewer, LDAP, libXpm, lukemftpd, NetInfo (Server only), sudo, Server Admin (Server only), Terminal, VPN, and X11. The update is recommended for all users and is accessible via the Software Update mechanism listed under the Mac OS X Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple
- Traffic from Apple's unannounced iOS 8, OS X 10.10 remains steady ahead of WWDC 2014
- Apple's Rockstar patent consortium denied request to transfer Google suit to Texas
- Speculation increases over Angela Ahrendts's start date as head of Apple Retail
- Apple's gesture-based unlocking tech channels Android's pattern lock screen