Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-005Apple today released Security Update 2005-005 for both Client and Server versions of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. The updates address more than 20 security flaws in Panther, delivering fixes for Apache, AppKit, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Directory Services, Finder, Foundation, Help Viewer, LDAP, libXpm, lukemftpd, NetInfo (Server only), sudo, Server Admin (Server only), Terminal, VPN, and X11. The update is recommended for all users and is accessible via the Software Update mechanism listed under the Mac OS X Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- WSJ blasts Apple e-books antitrust judge in scathing editorial
- Apple begins using iBeacons at all its 254 US retail stores
- Apple's 'smart dock' would give Siri a permanent place in the home
- Apple usurps Dell as most wanted desktop brand for holiday season
- New Union Square Apple Store renderings add water feature to plaza