Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-005Apple today released Security Update 2005-005 for both Client and Server versions of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. The updates address more than 20 security flaws in Panther, delivering fixes for Apache, AppKit, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Directory Services, Finder, Foundation, Help Viewer, LDAP, libXpm, lukemftpd, NetInfo (Server only), sudo, Server Admin (Server only), Terminal, VPN, and X11. The update is recommended for all users and is accessible via the Software Update mechanism listed under the Mac OS X Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- Former head of Android Andy Rubin leaves Google to start tech hardware incubator
- Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak alongside Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay
- 'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality
- Microsoft inadvertently leaks 'Band' fitness wearable in new app, reveals 'Microsoft Health' [update: confirmed]