Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-005Apple today released Security Update 2005-005 for both Client and Server versions of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. The updates address more than 20 security flaws in Panther, delivering fixes for Apache, AppKit, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Directory Services, Finder, Foundation, Help Viewer, LDAP, libXpm, lukemftpd, NetInfo (Server only), sudo, Server Admin (Server only), Terminal, VPN, and X11. The update is recommended for all users and is accessible via the Software Update mechanism listed under the Mac OS X Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- Apple quietly improves loyalty pricing for businesses, educational institutions
- Samsung appeals final judgment in first Apple v. Samsung California trial, drops asserted SEPs from second
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink