Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-005Apple today released Security Update 2005-005 for both Client and Server versions of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. The updates address more than 20 security flaws in Panther, delivering fixes for Apache, AppKit, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Directory Services, Finder, Foundation, Help Viewer, LDAP, libXpm, lukemftpd, NetInfo (Server only), sudo, Server Admin (Server only), Terminal, VPN, and X11. The update is recommended for all users and is accessible via the Software Update mechanism listed under the Mac OS X Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- PayPal purportedly cut out of Apple Pay due to partnership with Samsung
- Pebble smartwatch gets $50 price cut, background tracking for fitness & sleep
- Microsoft looks to distance itself from Windows 8, jumps to Windows 10
- European Commission finds Ireland's tax deal with Apple amounts to illegal state aid
- Apple patents glasses-free interactive holographic touchscreen display