Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-005Apple today released Security Update 2005-005 for both Client and Server versions of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. The updates address more than 20 security flaws in Panther, delivering fixes for Apache, AppKit, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Directory Services, Finder, Foundation, Help Viewer, LDAP, libXpm, lukemftpd, NetInfo (Server only), sudo, Server Admin (Server only), Terminal, VPN, and X11. The update is recommended for all users and is accessible via the Software Update mechanism listed under the Mac OS X Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- Apple reaches settlement in Silicon Valley anti-poaching lawsuit [ux2]
- Google exec & social networking chief Vic Gundotra leaves company
- Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charity
- Future Apple devices may boast environmental sensor suite with built-in thermometer
- Apple's display tech lets users interact with 3D objects in mid-air