Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Security Update 2005-005Apple today released Security Update 2005-005 for both Client and Server versions of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. The updates address more than 20 security flaws in Panther, delivering fixes for Apache, AppKit, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Directory Services, Finder, Foundation, Help Viewer, LDAP, libXpm, lukemftpd, NetInfo (Server only), sudo, Server Admin (Server only), Terminal, VPN, and X11. The update is recommended for all users and is accessible via the Software Update mechanism listed under the Mac OS X Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear at WSJDLive conference in October
- Apple chose to handle iOS 8 rollout with own content delivery network
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation
- Tim Cook touts new Apple privacy policies in open letter to customers
- Tim Cook explains consolidation at Apple in new interview