Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple\'s entire CPU lineup now shipping with TigerAlong with new iMac and eMac introductions on Tuesday, Apple also announced that its entire line of consumer-oriented CPU-based products is now shipping with Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger." This includes iMacs, eMacs, Mac minis, iBooks, PowerBooks, and of course the Power Mac G5, which was announced last week. Additionally, the company also dropped the price of its built-to-order RAM upgrades. An upgrade to 512MB of RAM now costs $50, while a boost to 1GB runs $225. This represents a reduction of $25 and $100, respectively.
On Topic: General
- Apple activates in-house content delivery network, begins migrating content downloads - report
- Samsung earnings disappoint as company blames competition in smartphone space
- Apple said to cut some 200 jobs from Beats as acquisition closing date looms
- Apple order fulfillment ranks first among online retailers with average delivery time of 2.3 days in June
- Xiaomi's Redmi Note allegedly sending user data to China surreptitiously