Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple\'s entire CPU lineup now shipping with TigerAlong with new iMac and eMac introductions on Tuesday, Apple also announced that its entire line of consumer-oriented CPU-based products is now shipping with Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger." This includes iMacs, eMacs, Mac minis, iBooks, PowerBooks, and of course the Power Mac G5, which was announced last week. Additionally, the company also dropped the price of its built-to-order RAM upgrades. An upgrade to 512MB of RAM now costs $50, while a boost to 1GB runs $225. This represents a reduction of $25 and $100, respectively.
On Topic: General
- Apple, Samsung dispute tentative juror verdict form in California patent trial
- NBC's 'Today' offers rare look inside Apple's iCloud data center in feature on environment
- Apple reaches settlement in Silicon Valley anti-poaching lawsuit [ux2]
- Google exec & social networking chief Vic Gundotra leaves company
- Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charity