Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 09:00 am
Apple\'s entire CPU lineup now shipping with TigerAlong with new iMac and eMac introductions on Tuesday, Apple also announced that its entire line of consumer-oriented CPU-based products is now shipping with Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger." This includes iMacs, eMacs, Mac minis, iBooks, PowerBooks, and of course the Power Mac G5, which was announced last week. Additionally, the company also dropped the price of its built-to-order RAM upgrades. An upgrade to 512MB of RAM now costs $50, while a boost to 1GB runs $225. This represents a reduction of $25 and $100, respectively.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says America's IP environment needs more work
- Tim Cook testifies: Apple pays all of the US taxes it owes
- Apple still by far the world's most valuable brand name
- Apple's tax strategy portrayed by Senate subcommittee as a unique 'absurdity'
- Ireland says it's not responsible for Apple's low international tax rate