Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple\'s entire CPU lineup now shipping with TigerAlong with new iMac and eMac introductions on Tuesday, Apple also announced that its entire line of consumer-oriented CPU-based products is now shipping with Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger." This includes iMacs, eMacs, Mac minis, iBooks, PowerBooks, and of course the Power Mac G5, which was announced last week. Additionally, the company also dropped the price of its built-to-order RAM upgrades. An upgrade to 512MB of RAM now costs $50, while a boost to 1GB runs $225. This represents a reduction of $25 and $100, respectively.
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple