Tuesday, May 03, 2005, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple\'s entire CPU lineup now shipping with TigerAlong with new iMac and eMac introductions on Tuesday, Apple also announced that its entire line of consumer-oriented CPU-based products is now shipping with Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger." This includes iMacs, eMacs, Mac minis, iBooks, PowerBooks, and of course the Power Mac G5, which was announced last week. Additionally, the company also dropped the price of its built-to-order RAM upgrades. An upgrade to 512MB of RAM now costs $50, while a boost to 1GB runs $225. This represents a reduction of $25 and $100, respectively.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon