Monday, May 09, 2005, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
New photos show progress at Midtown Apple store siteFollowing a series of Macklowe Properties file photos that appeared on internet last month, tipsters have passed along a more recent set of images taken from the construction site of Apple's forthcoming Midtown, Manhattan Apple retail store. The photos reveal the basic structure of the space in the underground concourse of the General Motors building at 767 Fifth Avenue. A sub-basement also appears to be present in the photos, with two adjacent stairwells leading further underground.
Apple Store Midtown Construction
Open image in new window for larger view.
1 2 3 4 5
(AppleInsider Photo/ File)
Come this fall, a glass cube 32 by 32 by 32 feet will be set atop the Apple retail store, in the the middle of the plaza of the GM building. Inside the cube will be a circular glass stairway and a cylindrical elevator leading to the 25,000-square-foot underground space.
On Topic: General
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers