Monday, May 09, 2005, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
New photos show progress at Midtown Apple store siteFollowing a series of Macklowe Properties file photos that appeared on internet last month, tipsters have passed along a more recent set of images taken from the construction site of Apple's forthcoming Midtown, Manhattan Apple retail store. The photos reveal the basic structure of the space in the underground concourse of the General Motors building at 767 Fifth Avenue. A sub-basement also appears to be present in the photos, with two adjacent stairwells leading further underground.
Apple Store Midtown Construction
Open image in new window for larger view.
1 2 3 4 5
(AppleInsider Photo/ File)
Come this fall, a glass cube 32 by 32 by 32 feet will be set atop the Apple retail store, in the the middle of the plaza of the GM building. Inside the cube will be a circular glass stairway and a cylindrical elevator leading to the 25,000-square-foot underground space.
On Topic: General
- Apple's 'smart dock' would give Siri a permanent place in the home
- Apple usurps Dell as most wanted desktop brand for holiday season
- New Union Square Apple Store renderings add water feature to plaza
- Next-gen USB connector a reversible challenge to Apple's Thunderbolt & Lightning
- Apple investigating ways to add depth to iPhone photos