More than half of Amazon\'s top selling computers are MacsMacs account for 6 out of the 10 top selling computers at online mega-retailer Amazon.com this month, a sign that Apple continues to hold a significant computer market presence, says one Wall Street analyst.
Apple\'s computer sales also remain strong down the line, with 10 models in the top 20. Meanwhile, the company\'s new Tiger operating system continues to hold the top spot on a list spanning all of the retailer\'s electronics goods.
Gene Munster, a senior research analyst for investment and research firm PiperJaffray, has been tracking the presence of Apple products amongst Amazon\'s top seller lists in order to better weigh in on the demand for the company\'s offerings.
In a research note released to clients on Tuesday and obtained by AppleInsider, he noted that various versions of Apple\'s iPod digital music player are also dominating the retailer\'s MP3 player top seller list, occupying 8 of the top 10 spots and 11 of the top 20.
These numbers are up sharply from a couple of weeks ago when Apple\'s iPod players account for only 4 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 20 players. \"We believe this exhibits Apple\'s dominance in the portable MP3 market and shows that the initial exploratory phase of other MP3 players has lightened,\" Munster wrote in the report.
PiperJaffray believes that Apple is improving production efficiency as evidenced by the fact that most products are being shipped on the same day they are ordered. \"This is critical to the Apple story as Apple products continue to experience strong demand,\" the firm said.
PiperJaffray maintains an \"Outperform\" rating on Apple stock with a price target of $52 per share.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July