Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.1 UpdateApple unleashes the first maintenance update to its new Tiger operating system.
Apple this evening released Mac OS X 10.4.1 Update, which delivers overall improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users.
The release includes improvements to:
- file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
- using DHCP in wireless networks
- user login when accessing LDAP and Active Directory servers
- core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- synchronization with .Mac
- Address Book, iCal, Font Book, Mail, and Preview applications
- Dashboard widgets: Address Book, Flight Tracker, Phone Book, and World Clock
- creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility and System Image Utility (Remove)
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
More detailed information and a specific list of fixes included in the release can be found in an Apple Knowledge Base article.
As of press time, Apple had yet to make Mac OS X 10.4.1 available via Tiger's Software Update Mechanism. The 37MB release is currently available from this page.
On Topic: General
- Apple to reportedly bolster iAd user targeting with phone numbers and emails
- Apple researching device waterproofing via vapor deposition, silicone seals
- Judges skeptical Apple suffered irreparable harm from Samsung patent infringement
- Judge approves $415M settlement in 'no-poach' class-action case involving Apple, Google, others
- Yerba Buena Center getting 'Spring Forward' makeover for Monday's Apple Watch event