Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.1 UpdateApple unleashes the first maintenance update to its new Tiger operating system.
Apple this evening released Mac OS X 10.4.1 Update, which delivers overall improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users.
The release includes improvements to:
- file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
- using DHCP in wireless networks
- user login when accessing LDAP and Active Directory servers
- core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- synchronization with .Mac
- Address Book, iCal, Font Book, Mail, and Preview applications
- Dashboard widgets: Address Book, Flight Tracker, Phone Book, and World Clock
- creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility and System Image Utility (Remove)
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
More detailed information and a specific list of fixes included in the release can be found in an Apple Knowledge Base article.
As of press time, Apple had yet to make Mac OS X 10.4.1 available via Tiger\'s Software Update Mechanism. The 37MB release is currently available from this page.
On Topic: General
- Apple Stores suffering from 'cult' atmosphere, advancement barriers, says UK staffer
- This week on AI: New MacBook Pro rumors, Apple's answer to Echo, Apple Car charging & more
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center
- Jawbone said to end fitness tracker sales, may sell off speaker business [u]
- AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule pulled from U.S. Apple Stores