Wednesday, May 25, 2005, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
Apple updates iWork productivity suiteApple Computer this afternoon updated its Keynote and Pages applications, which form its iWork productivity suite. According to an Apple knowledge base article, Keynote 2.0.2 fixes a security issue that allowed users to create presentations that retrieve files from a local system. Meanwhile, an update to Pages (1.0.2) addresses issues with page navigation and organization. Neither software update was available for download from Apple's website at press time.
On Topic: General
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million
- European Commission OKs Apple's $3B purchase of Beats
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery