Stanford posts transcript and video of Jobs\' speechSeveral readers have pointed out that Stanford University has now posted both a text transcript and video excerpt (right sidebar) from Apple chief executive Steve Jobs\' commencement address on June 12, 2005. During the speech, Jobs said: \"When I was 17 I read a quote that went something like, \"If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you\'ll most certainly be right.\" It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, \"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?\" And whenever the answer has been \"no\" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.\"
On Topic: General
- Tim Cook responds to $14.5B Irish tax bill with open letter, says decision will be reversed
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board as firms prep driverless cars
- Apple event invite inspires wild speculation about 'iPhone 7' iris scanning, bokeh, more
- EU will order Ireland to collect over $1B in back taxes from Apple - report
- Apple sends invitations for 'iPhone 7' event on Sept. 7: 'See you on the 7th'