Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 05:00 pm PT (08:00 pm ET)
Stanford posts transcript and video of Jobs\' speechSeveral readers have pointed out that Stanford University has now posted both a text transcript and video excerpt (right sidebar) from Apple chief executive Steve Jobs' commencement address on June 12, 2005. During the speech, Jobs said: "When I was 17 I read a quote that went something like, "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "no" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."
On Topic: General
- Macintosh pirate flag reincarnated as art, for sale by original designer Susan Kare
- Judge approves Apple's $450 million e-book settlement
- Manual iCloud.com photo uploads now available to all Apple users
- Apple officially begins selling automated iAds in bid to boost mobile advertising business
- Square plans to begin accepting Apple Pay with new NFC-compatible hardware in 2015