Friday, June 24, 2005, 01:30 pm PT (04:30 pm ET)
Apple plans special event next month, new iPods likelyApple Computer is distributing media alerts and invitations to a special event that will take place on or before Thursday, July 7th, but the company is not yet offering details.
Apple news site MacBidouille is one of several French publications that claims to have received a media alert pertaining to the event. It's noted that a similar message was presented to the publication just prior the Oct., 2004 Apple music event that saw the launch of the iPod photo.
According to the web report, Apple is asking the media to prepare for new product announcements on or before the first Thursday in July.
Industry sources believe the event may very likely coincide with the planned high-profile launch of iTunes 4.9 with Podcasting support. Sources had previously stated that the software was due for launch by the first week of July.
Sources tell AppleInsider that the event could also play host to new iPod offerings, which may include second-generation iPod shuffles and possibly fifth-generation iPods.
It has not been stated where the event will take place, but last year Apple utilized San Jose's California Theater to introduce the iPod photo in a similar media event.
If you have any further details on the event, please give us a shout.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon