iTunes Podcast subscriptions top one millionApple today announced that in just two days iTunes customers have subscribed to more than one million Podcasts from the new iTunes Podcast Directory.
Podcasting is like cappuccino, said August Trometer, developer of iPodderX. Gourmet coffee was around for a long time, but it took Starbucks to put it on the map. Apple is like the Starbucks of Podcasting and advertisers will take us more seriously now.
iTunes 4.9 enables anyone to quickly and easily find and subscribe to their favorite Podcasts so that every time theres a new episode, its automatically downloaded to their Mac or PC and Auto-Synced to their iPod.
iTunes also makes it easy to manage multiple Podcast subscriptions with simple organization and display by episode and date. Additionally, iPods now offer an easy to use Podcast menu, including bookmarking within a Podcast and the ability to display color Podcast artwork.
In a press release, Apple also said that its iTunes Music Store now features more than 1.5 million songs from the major music companies and over 1,000 independent record labels, and 10,000 audiobooks.
On Topic: General
- KGI: iPhone sales forecast at 73M for Q4 ahead of Apple Watch debut in March, 12" MacBook Air in Q1
- I Bet My Life: Microsoft HoloLens perfectly targets its core competency
- Huge crowds gather for Apple Store grnd opening in Hangzhou, China
- Apple features calligrapher who created Hangzhou Apple Store mural in 'About the Artist' video
- T-Mobile to extend smartphone financing to customers with bad or no credit