iTunes Podcast subscriptions top one millionApple today announced that in just two days iTunes customers have subscribed to more than one million Podcasts from the new iTunes Podcast Directory.
Podcasting is like cappuccino, said August Trometer, developer of iPodderX. Gourmet coffee was around for a long time, but it took Starbucks to put it on the map. Apple is like the Starbucks of Podcasting and advertisers will take us more seriously now.
iTunes 4.9 enables anyone to quickly and easily find and subscribe to their favorite Podcasts so that every time theres a new episode, its automatically downloaded to their Mac or PC and Auto-Synced to their iPod.
iTunes also makes it easy to manage multiple Podcast subscriptions with simple organization and display by episode and date. Additionally, iPods now offer an easy to use Podcast menu, including bookmarking within a Podcast and the ability to display color Podcast artwork.
In a press release, Apple also said that its iTunes Music Store now features more than 1.5 million songs from the major music companies and over 1,000 independent record labels, and 10,000 audiobooks.
On Topic: General
- First look: Brooklyn celebrates the grand opening of its first Apple Store
- This week on AI: Q3 beats forecasts, 'Apple Car' leadership changes, augmented reality plans & more
- Apple urges Supreme Court to end long-running Samsung patent case
- Apple CEO Tim Cook, VP Lisa Jackson to host Clinton fundraising event
- Microsoft lays off 2,850 more people in continued retreat from phones